4:30 - 5:00 pm
Laura Teal has been the Workers’ Compensation Manager for Utz Quality Foods for four years, overseeing all aspects of internal processes and programs (Alternative Work Program/Policy, aggressive claims management and reserve reviews with TPA, medical case management w/Occupational Health Care providers) , as well coordinator/liaison for all Utz US locations. She has an extensive background in the Workers Compensation having served at Honeywell, Inc., Chesapeake Insurance, and Baltimore County Government to name a few.
Laura's presentation will focus on and facilitate discussion of key tools for establishing and effectively managing an employer’s WC program, including:
1. Effective Alternative Work and Return to Work Policy and Processes
2. Workers’ Compensation 10 Best Practices
3. Strategies for Efficient, Cost-Effective Claims Management and Claims Reviews with Insurers / TPAs
4. Developing Key Metrics to Track Progress and Success in Workers’ Compensation Programs
5. Developing and Sustaining Positive working relationships with Workers’ Compensation Medical Providers
Light refreshments will be provided. Guests are encouraged to bring their business cards for networking with other Chamber and Community members.
Is there a topic that you would like to learn more about at an upcoming workshop? Let us know! Email Sarah Messer, Membership and Events Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org